Supriya and Marcello are planning their 2023 wedding and decided on the Hamilton Tropical Greenhouse for their engagement session (congrats on your engagement guys!)
We had much fun walking and playing around the lush greenery and tropical vibes.
This newly constructed 14,000 square-foot greenhouse in Hamilton features waterfalls, ponds with fish, turtles, waterlilies and tiered concrete seating to enjoy your coffee under the warm temperatures.
I think it is one of the best spots in the Hamilton for engagement photography, especially because you have all the greenery indoors to play with if the weather isn’t great outside.
If you’re interested in lush greenery, that the spot to go (photography permits are necessary to shoot there).
Address for the Hamilton Tropical Greenhouse:
Have you ever watched a wedding recap and presumed the photographers and videographers were one person handling both roles? Well, that means the couple did a fine job in choosing two professionals who worked in harmony to create a coherent recount of their wedding day. Otherwise, if a photographer and videographer clash rather than complement, no one would presume them to be the same person as their very different styles would be obvious and jarring.
To have the right photo and video team for your big day, opt for professionals from the same studio and it will only enhance your wedding experience. Here are five ways how.
While wedding photographers and videographers have different purposes, hiring them from the same studio provides numerous benefits for your special day. So to enjoy all of these advantages, start looking into package deals today!
Wedding photographer & videographer in Toronto, GTA and Hamilton area.
1. A hot air balloon ride: Capture the romance and adventure of your engagement with a photo shoot during a hot air balloon ride. The breathtaking views from above and the unique experience of floating in a hot air balloon can create a one-of-a-kind and unforgettable setting for your engagement photos. A great alternative if you want something more dynamic and fancy would be to rent a small plane for a ride above some beautiful scenery (Niagara Falls for example) or Toronto city.
2. A local amusement park or carnival: Capture the fun and excitement of your engagement with a photo shoot at a local amusement park or carnival. The colorful attractions, carnival games, and the happy atmosphere can create a unique and playful backdrop for your engagement photos. The couple can also incorporate fun elements like cotton candy, popcorn, or the famous amusement park-ride in the photos. And if you like the bokeh effect in your photos (artistic background blur) this will be the perfect location thanks to all the colorful lights.
3. A mini-golf course: Capture the fun and playful side of your relationship with a photo shoot at a mini-golf course. The colorful and whimsical setting of a mini-golf course can create a unique and memorable backdrop for your engagement photos. The couple can also incorporate the mini-golf elements in the photos, like golf balls, putters, or even a hole-in-one shot. Some competition can bring a very playful side of the couple. Be fun!
4. An abandoned building or urban exploration location: An abandoned building or urban exploration location can provide a unique and edgy backdrop for your engagement photos. These locations offer a contrast between the decay of the building and the love and life that the couple brings to the scene. Perfect for adventurous couples.
5. An art museum or gallery: An art museum or gallery can provide a unique and sophisticated backdrop for your engagement photos. This location can add a touch of culture and elegance to your photos.
6. A local vineyard or winery: A vineyard or winery can provide a beautiful and romantic setting for your engagement photos. The picturesque rows of grapevines and the charming buildings can create a perfect backdrop for your photos.
7. A local beach or lighthouse: A beach or lighthouse location can provide a beautiful and romantic setting for your engagement photos. The natural beauty of the ocean, the sand and the lighthouse can create a perfect backdrop for your photos.
8. A local farmers market or street fair: A local farmers market or street fair can provide a unique and lively backdrop for your engagement photos. The bright colors and bustling energy of these locations can add a sense of fun and excitement to your photos. Usually local farms are also an amazing spot for family photo shoots where children have a lot of fun.
9. An aquarium: An aquarium can provide a unique and exotic backdrop for your engagement photos. The vibrant colors and diverse wildlife can add a sense of wonder and adventure to your photos. Toronto Aquarium is a wonderful spot.
10. A botanical garden or greenhouse: A botanical garden or greenhouse can provide a beautiful and serene backdrop for your engagement photos. The lush greenery and colorful flowers can add a sense of romance and tranquility to your photos. The Royal Botanical Garden in GTA is the best garden in Ontario.
In conclusion, there are many original and diverse location options for engagement photos. These locations range from natural landscapes to urban locations, from culture to historical sites, and from romantic to fun. Each couple can choose a location that reflect their personal preferences and make the engagement photo session a memorable one.
The Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is home to many beautiful churches that are perfect for weddings. Here are 3 of the most beautiful churches in the GTA for a wedding:
1. St. James Cathedral: This historic cathedral is located in downtown Toronto and is a beautiful and grand space for weddings. The cathedral features stunning stained glass windows, high ceilings and beautiful architecture. The cathedral can accommodate up to 600 guests and is perfect for couples who are looking for a traditional and elegant wedding.
2. St. Michael's Cathedral: This grand and historic church is located in the heart of downtown Toronto and is a beautiful space for weddings. The cathedral can accommodate up to 1000 guests and is perfect for couples who are looking for a traditional wedding in an iconic setting.
3. St. Paul's Anglican Church: This beautiful and historic church is located in the charming neighborhood of Bloor West Village in Toronto. The church features a unique and elegant architecture, with high ceilings, stained-glass windows and a beautiful altar. The church can accommodate up to 300 guests and is perfect for couples who are looking for a wedding in a historic setting.
In conclusion, the GTA is home to many beautiful churches that are perfect for weddings, each with their own unique characteristics and features. Whether you're looking for a grand and historic setting or a more modern and intimate space, these churches are sure to provide a beautiful and memorable setting for your special day.
5 reasons why Banff is an amazing location for a proposal, engagement photo session or a wedding.
1. Scenic locations: Banff is home to a variety of stunning natural landscapes, including mountain vistas, lakes, forests, and waterfalls. These locations provide a beautiful and romantic setting for a proposal. Some popular spots for proposals in Banff include Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, and Tunnel Mountain.
2. Luxury accommodations: Banff offers a range of luxury accommodations, including hotels, resorts, and lodges. These properties provide a comfortable and romantic setting for a proposal or engagement, with amenities such as fine dining, spa services, and outdoor adventures.
3. Outdoor activities: Banff is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, with a variety of activities such as hiking, skiing, and fishing. These activities can provide a unique and memorable backdrop for a proposal or engagement.
4. Charm and atmosphere: The town of Banff itself is charming and picturesque, with a variety of shops, galleries, and restaurants. The town's mountain setting and friendly atmosphere contribute to its romantic appeal.
5. If you are a wildlife lover this place is for you:
Overall, Banff's combination of natural beauty, luxurious accommodations, and charming atmosphere make it a perfect location for a proposal or engagement.
1. Develop your skills as a photographer. If you're new to photography, consider taking classes or workshops to learn the basics of composition, lighting, and exposure. You can register for an online course which can provide a more in-depth education and may be helpful when starting out. This is great to have a structured plan of education. If you are disciplined you can learn everything from youtube. Going to university to learn photography is really not necessary. Better keep that money to invest into good gear.
2. Practice with landscape and street photography which is the easiest. No time pressure. You can practice all your different settings and learn your camera. PRACTISE IS EVERYTHING.
3. Register to local Facebook groups to go for photo walks. Become friends with other photographers and go shoot together. PRACTISE IS EVERYTHING.
4. Try to find a mentor, whatever it is online or in person. Mentors are great to get feedback and tips.
5. Start by taking photos of friends and family members to gain experience with moving subjects. It is extremely important to practice in all types of conditions: indoor, outdoor, good weather, bad weather. The key to becoming a successful photographer is to be able to shoot under any situation and conditions. PRACTISE IS EVERYTHING.
6. Shoot an engagement session for FREE for a friend or family member then show your gallery to other experienced photographers to ask for feedback and reviews. You can do it on Facebook groups dedicated to photography.
7. Start an INSTAGRAM or PINTEREST with your best photos. You need a platform to showcase your work.
8. Network with other wedding professionals. Building relationships with wedding planners, venues, and other industry professionals can help you get your name out there. Attend industry events, join local networking groups, and make connections with people in the wedding industry.
9. Once you have mastered the basics and you want to get serious about wedding photography, invest in better equipment. Wedding photography requires a variety of equipment, including cameras, lenses, flashes, and other accessories. Choose high-quality gear that will be reliable and help you produce the best possible results. You must have back up gear and a professional photo camera which can accommodate two SD cards. Back ups are essential during weddings.
10. Offer your service as a second shooter or helper to current experienced wedding photographers. Always ask if you can use those photos in your portfolio.
11. Decide on your niche. Wedding photography can encompass a wide range of styles, from traditional posed shots to candid, photojournalistic images, posed, bright and airy, moody, earthy, etc. Consider what type of wedding photography you enjoy the most and specialize in that area.
12. Learn about the business side of wedding photography. In addition to taking great photos, it's important to know how to market your services and run your business effectively. This may include setting up a website, creating a pricing structure, and learning about contracts and insurance.
13. Offer a high level of customer service. Wedding photography is a service industry, and your clients will expect a certain level of professionalism and attention to detail. Make sure to communicate clearly with your clients, be responsive to their needs, and go above and beyond to ensure that they are happy with your services.
14. Stay current with industry trends. The field of wedding photography is constantly evolving, so it's important to stay up to date with new techniques and technologies. Consider joining a professional organization, such as the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) or the Professional Photographers of America (PPA), which offer resources, training, and networking opportunities for photographers. You can also follow popular Youtube channels about photography and trends such as:
15. Continue to improve your skills. No matter how experienced you are, there is always room for growth and improvement in the field of wedding photography. Consider taking additional classes or workshops to learn new techniques, and always be on the lookout for opportunities to challenge yourself and expand your skillset.
If you are planning a destination wedding, then you’re most likely an adventurous soul. And what better way is there to feed that adventurous side than to explore castles from the past? While we live in the times of skyscrapers and condos, the charming setup and fairytale aura of castles retain their allure for modern-day brides!
Having a wedding at a castle is sure to make your ceremony magical, and the country of France is full of wondrous castles for the occasion! For your big day, here is a list of the top luxurious wedding castles in France.
Château de Challain, 1 Route de Candé, 49440 Challain-la-Potherie, France
Château de la Roche Courbon, Rue de la Belle au Bois Dormant, 17250 Saint-Porchaire, France
Château Saint Georges, 15 Av. Francis de Croisset, 06130 Grasse, France
Château De Robernier, Castle in Montfort-sur-Argens, France
Château Lacanaud, 24500 Serres-et-Montguyard, France
Château Lagorce, D239, 33550 Haux, France
A destination wedding is only as good as the destination, therefore you must choose one with care. With the list above, you will surely choose the perfect castle for your special day in France.
To get married in Ontario, there are certain requirements you and your partner must meet, as well as several legal documents you will be required to provide. In this article, we will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to get married in Ontario.
Requirements for marriage in Ontario
The Ontario marriage laws require you and your partner to meet certain requirements to be approved for a marriage. These include:
Types of marriage ceremonies in Ontario
Ontario, Canada, accepts two types of wedding ceremonies as legal. The first is the religious ceremony where a recognized priest or pastor conducts the process. The second is a civil marriage where a civil servant such as a judge officiates your wedding at the city hall.
The marriage license
In Ontario, the two accepted marriage forms are: the marriage license and the marriage banns. Marriage banns are available to couples opting for a religious ceremony and don’t have divorces or annulments on their records. On the other hand, the marriage license is also available to couples who have been previously divorced. For steps on how to get your marriage license in Ontario, you will begin by going to a municipality with your valid ID.
You will also be expected to pay a fee, one that varies based on your municipality. Most municipalities have different methods, so it’s advisable to visit their website for more details on their processes.
Keep in mind that marriage licenses are valid for three months. If you don’t marry within the timeframe, you will have to replace the license.
The marriage certificate
A marriage license and marriage certificate often are mixed up, but both are very different and just as important. While the marriage license is the authorized document that permits a marriage to take place, the marriage certificate is the recorded proof that you and your partner are legally wed. The marriage certificate bears the time and location of your wedding, as well as your names.
To get a certificate in Ontario, your marriage must first be registered by the officiant. He or she will deliver your legal license to ServiceOntario, where the registration will be carried out.
After your wedding, your marriage certificate might be required to change your last name, to provide proof that you are married, and to fill out certain official forms.
Legal officiants for marriage in Ontario
For your marriage in Ontario to be legal, there are two types of officiants authorized to conduct the process: a civil marriage officiant and a registered marriage officiant. A civil marriage officiant can be a judge or a municipal clerk. The registered marriage officiant can be a pastor or a recognized leader of a religious body, or a person granted authority from the accepted marriage bodies.